It was a struggle, but it looks like I managed to complete Day Two.
It was a struggle because I’ve been tired all day, so my mind wandered often without my deliberate control and I had to jerk awake and wrest it away from the nasty places it was trying to go. But I did manage to get it done, despite everything.
And I was helped by copious homemade cheeseburgers.
Unfortunately, I’ve been stymied on the “creativity every day” thing, but only for today. By tomorrow I should hope to be doing creative things again.
Okay, as usual, here’s a crop of nice things that happened today:
1. I hit a personal best on squats today. I actually slowed down on those after I twisted my ankle at a Vanna show a while back, so it was nice to load up a bit more weight and get back to it. More on that this Saturday in my #fit4RTX journal.
2. Those cheeseburgers are hella good. I made a lot of them yesterday and will be reheating them throughout the week. Happy to say I haven’t lost my touch on those despite the long gap since the last time I made them!
3. I’m getting ready to watch the most recent episode of Vikings from the History channel. For all it’s flaws I love that show so much and I’m eager to see where this season goes. I have some internal predictions but we’ll see how they go.
4. Skeletonwitch put out a new song today! I honestly think the new singer sounds better than the old one. Shows how behind I was, I hadn’t realized they’d booted their original vocalist until quite recently. Either way, the song definitely captures the spirit of Skeletonwitch as I understand it, and I think they’ll do fine with their new lineup.
5. Speaking of music stuff, my friends in Actor|Observer are going on tour! While I was hoping they could make their way down to Austin it is, understandably, a bit too far. Atlanta is the closest to here that they’ll be coming so unless some of my Austin friends feel like a crazy Southern road trip it looks like I’ll have to wait to see them play live again, but in either case I’m just happy that their touring range is getting wider and wider.
6. I have another interview tomorrow! This one is for entry level management and marketing, so we’ll see how it goes. It’s a little far but not insane, and I needed to head to the library because they want me to bring a printed copy of my resume, but since it’s entry level at something I actually have some level of experience in I hope I’ll do well.
Okay, that’s it for me. I’m going to watch Vikings and get some rest. Good night, all!