I just wish people would stop talking about Donald Trump. That’s only helping him, even when you point out that he’s an obvious fascist who wants to fuck his own daughter, and whenever I see that face I get a flash of anger that I have to struggle to control. I managed to keep it today, but I really wish people would shut up about him.
Anyway, today was pretty hectic in a good way whenever I wasn’t on the Trump-infected internet, so damn do I have some good points to bring up.
1. I tried Torchy’s Tacos at last! I got the Mad Cow and the Matador, and they were as magnificent as I was led to believe.
2. I’m not sure if the album is out or not yet, but Skuggsja, made up of members of Wardruna and Enslaved, is some genuinely awesome epic Norse Metal. I’ve seen Enslaved live but not Wardruna, and enjoy both. This combined effort does not disappoint so far (the link is to an officially released track on their label’s actual channel, don’t worry).
3. Now that my jobhunt is over my brain’s energy has returned to creativity. I already have some work started today that I’ll continue tomorrow. Good work, or at least a good starting point. Three characters and one relic from a bygone story.
4. Tomorrow I might get to meet one of the podcasters from Writing Excuses, a podcast I listen to religiously. Dan Wells is debuting the film adaptation of his first published novel, I Am Not A Serial Killer and has mentioned that a meetup was possible. Unfortunately I’m not at the premiere right now, but I’m still thrilled that it exists and am eager to see it! Hell, I don’t even like horror movies, but I am still crazy hype for that one!
5. SXSW was a lot more low-key for me today, but I tied it into my #AustinSundayAdventure hashtag on twitter and instagram which meant I got a lot of sun and one free Shiner when I went to an otherwise-lackluster unofficial party.